A word is a combination of different sounds: the beginning sounds, middle sounds and the ending sounds.
Start with middle sounds and when you are introducing middle sounds use 3 letter words. Then comes the beginning and ending sounds.
‘I Spy’ Game
3 ½ years and onwards
A basket having several objects from the environment.
Direct aims of ‘I Spy Game’ are:
- Perfection of sounds and words.
- Enhancement of vocabulary and preposition.
- Development of pre-reading exercises
Indirect aims include:
- Development of imagination power.
POINT OF INTEREST:
The activity itself and all the colorful objects catch the interest of the children
‘I spy games’ include several games in the following sequence:
- Give different objects to every child and all those objects should have objects beginning with different sounds.
- Then ask the children, “I Spy with my little eyes, something is in ______ (student’s name), beginning with ____ (sound).
- The children will say the name of that object.
- Likewise repeat this for the others.
- Put the objects in different places like under, behind, on or in something.
- Then ask, “ I spy with my little eyes, something is ____ (preposition) the ____ (object name) beginning with _____ (sound). For example, I spy with my little eyes, something is under the chair beginning with c.
- Likewise repeat with the rest of the objects.
- Place the things in the class room at different places.
- Say, “I spy with my little eyes, something which begins with ___ (sound, letter), e.g. f