In “Things in the Environment”, you can make flash cards or have an object basket to give the concepts to the children or you can use both. We practiced with both. 🙂
So here it goes.
Things in the Environment with Flash Cards.
2 1/2 years and above
- Six different cards having prominent and colorful pictures of things in the environment along with their names written.
- Basket full of different objects that exist in the environment. (Especially have objects that are on your flash cards for further activities and games)
Direct aims include:
- Learning the names of different things in the environment.
- Identifying the name with the picture and vise versa.
Indirect aims include:
- Enhancement and enrichment of vocabulary.
- Preparation for further studies.
CONTROL OF ERROR:
Incorrect recognition and wrong pronunciation of words will guide the children around.
POINT OF INTEREST:
The colorful pictures of the things in environment plus the stories and questions connected to the pictures indulge the kids in the activity and help them enjoy and learn at the same time.
- Bring the material along with the children and ask the children: who would like to do this activity with me?
- Choose one and take his/her consent to begin the exercise.
- Introduce three cards at a time using the three period lesson.
- You can tell a story or poem or just ask questions related to the pictures.
- Repeat the activity with the other children.
- Lastly do a proper wind up and take back the material to its place.
Here is a page from my folder.